1) Are your parents married or divorced? Married to each other until they died.
2) Are you a vegetarian? No, but I do like vege's.
3) Do you believe in Heaven? Yes
4) Have you ever come close to dying? Not that I know of
5) What jewelry do you wear daily? Wedding ring
6) Do you eat the stems of broccoli? Yeah, sure you betcha
7) Who is your hair stylist? Alice. All she does is cut it
8) Ever have any surgery? If so, what? Gall Bladder and Breast Cancer
9) Do you color your hair? I used to put red highlights in my brown hair. Now it's all grey.
10) What do you wear to bed? Nothing
11) Have you ever done anything illegal? I've tried pot
12) Can you roll your tongue? yes
13) Electric razor or blade? blade
15) Do you talk in your sleep? Yes. Hubby has he can't make out what I'm saying. Maybe that's a good thing
16) What is your natural hair color (do you even remember?) Dark Brown
17) Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it? Out of concern for the people around me, I cut
18) Future child’s name?! I always knew that I was going to name my son Michael. I don't know what I would have done if I'd had a girl. I couldn't pick a girl's name for longer then a couple of weeks. I still don't know what I would name a daughter. Of course, it's a moot point now.
19) Do you snore? Yes
20) If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be? I have so many places I want to see, but as far as somewhere to live, I'm right where I want to be.
21) Do you sleep with stuffed animals? Not anymore. I do sleep with my cat.
22) If you won the lottery, what would you do first? Pay off anything that needed paying off. Get an Accountant. Probably talk to an Attorney.
23) Gold or platinum/white gold? Gold ... white, yellow, rose
24) Hamburger or hot dog? I love both
25) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Probably chicken.
• Favorite smell - The woods / forest
• Last cry - recently watched Bones episode where Vincent dies.
• Favorite pizza - ham & pineapple
• Favorite Flower - violets
• Favorite Dog breed - golden retriever
• Favorite foot attire - socks
• Hair color - grey
• Favorite Ice cream - french vanilla
• Pet-peeve - people who think they're more important then everyone else
• Shorts or jeans - jeans
• What are you listening to right now? - The Simpsons
• Favorite color - green
• Color of eyes - hazel
• Favorite Holiday - 4th of July
• Night owl or day person - day person
• Favorite day of the week - don't really have one since I retired
• Nickname - Trisha
• Favorite music - rock & roll
• Do you like to cook? - No
• Beer or wine? - neither
• Can you drive a manual shift? - Yes
• State you were born in? - Germany
• Do you work out? - Nope
• Do you like vegetables? - some
• Do you wear glasses? - yes
• Favorite season? - Spring
I just received this from a friend and it certainly made me laugh. And it's so true. :-)
I just discovered our age group! We are Seenagers. (Senior teenagers)
I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50-60 years later.
*I don't have to go to school or work
*I get an allowance every month.
*I have my own pad.
*I don't have a curfew.
*I have a driver's license and my own car.
*I have ID that gets me into bars and the wine store.
I like the Craft Beer store best.
*The people I hang around with are not scared of
getting pregnant, they aren't scared of anything,
they have been blessed to live this long, why be scared?
*And I don't have acne
Life is Good! Also, you will feel much more intelligent after reading this, if you are a Seenager.
Brains of older people are slow because they know so much.
People do not decline mentally with age, it just takes them longer to recall facts because they have more information in their brains.
Scientists believe this also makes you hard of hearing as it puts pressure on your inner ear.
Also, older people often go to another room to get something and when they get there, they stand there wondering what they came for.
It is NOT a memory problem, it is nature's way of making older people do more exercise.
I have more friends I should send this to, but right now I can't remember their names.
So, please forward this to your friends; they may be my friends, too.
I am so glad this is over. It was kind of interesting how I found this place. I had googled Eye glass stores in my area. I went to most of them ... there wasn't a lot. Then I googled online stores and spent about a week looking at different sites. One morning I logged into Facebook and found a couple of ads for online eye glass stores. (It's a good thing I don't search for embarresing places on google) One of them showed very flexible frames that looked very interesting to me. The site had a place to check for stores in my area that carried these frames. They gave me 2 stores that had not shown up on any of the google searches I had already done. Huh. I just can't figure out how google decides what to show me. I walked into El Paso Eye Care and immediately felt at home. Lot's of frames and very friendly staff. The Technician checked my prescription and suggested a size for the lens that would keep the distortion down and give me the best range of sight. We found a pair I really liked but they only had one in the color I wanted. She said they would order another one for my sunglasses. Should only be a couple of weeks and I will be able to see again. Hurray !!
Well, I see that, as usual, I'm falling down on the job. I was going to post regularly ... ha!
I do need to reduce my stress, frustration, and depression regarding new eye glasses. Late last year Crystal Optical, the eye glass store love of my life, closed. Emmit and Marie, the owners felt the need to retire and move to Mississippi. I am definitely in mourning. I wondered in their door at least 30 years ago after visiting more stores then I can count, looking for glasses that actually fit my face. It was a losing battle everywhere I went. I have a small face and need small frames. Most places don't carry anything smaller then a size 47. 45 is perfect for me. They would usher me to their children's section. Lovely. Pink Polka dots, Orange Stripes, or Purple glitter. What a choice.
Emmit took me through his whole store, helping me try on anything and everything. We found 3 different frames that I liked, of course they were too big, but he went back to his office, discovered they made these frames in size 45 and promptly ordered all three. I was able to pick the one I liked best, I actually picked out 2 of them, and we ordered my glasses. He has treated me like this every day since. Talk about being spoiled. Now that I'm having to find another place, I am discovering just how sweet a man he really was. I'm sad to say I may have taken him for granted.
( Read more...Collapse )
My cousin has started selling LuLaRoe. I had never even heard of it but I thought "oh cool, I'm always looking for new brands of clothes." I let her know and told her I would be watching her facebook page, which is where she sells it. That was a couple of weeks ago and I have been watching. The thing is, I don't like any of it. I even went to their website to see all of what they have. Nope, definitely not anything I would buy. Why do I open my mouth without checking things out first? Now I feel guilty and I'm not sure how to tell her that there is just no way. This is probably what happens when you spend the last 15 or so years wearing nothing but jeans and t-shirts. My brother says just keep a low profile. As long as she's selling I can probably stay off her radar. Hubby says tell her the truth. I do hope she's successful with this ... she had to buy all those clothes. If she doesn't sell it all, she's stuck with it. She was showing off one dress that is an xxs, which she definitely is not. What will she do with those pieces that she can't wear? This is why I wouldn't ever do anything like this. Oh well, I'm probably worrying for nothing. She's a sweet girl and we get along really good, we have the same sense of humor, so she'll be fine.
Please let 2017 be a good year. I'm not going to bother with resolutions. I did see a funny resolution somewhere, I don't remember where.
My resolution is to stop procrasting, but I'm not going to start until next week. This so describes me.
I didn't really have a bad year, but it sure has been bad for some people I know and care about. My son has been dealing with company layoffs for the last couple of years. He's still there and is doing well, but who knows how long that's going to last. This company has been good to him. He traveled around the world to many, many, places he would not have had an opportunity to go to otherwise. And he enjoyed all of it. I'm so glad he took that attitude, because it was a lot of traveling. He's been there for 18 years. I can't believe he's old enough to have had a job for 18 years.
My 74 year old brother is recuperating from kidney problems that caused him to have to spend a few days in the hospital. Before they discharged him they put a stint in and kept it in for 4 weeks. Most people we've talked to say one week is the norm. His had to be in so long because the Doctor said his kidney was showing signs of closing up. It was an absolute nightmare for 4 weeks. He lives alone and there were times when he would get real depressed. Our other brother and I kept him as entertained as we could and now the stint is out and he is doing so much better. It was almost like flipping a switch. This was just a hard time for him to live alone, even though he loves living alone. He enjoys his family and friends, and he has a lot, but he enjoys his time alone.
My brother-in-law has been dealing with his neighbors and the local police department. He lives in California. He started feeding and trying to take care of the stray cats that were around his neighborhood. It ended up being way, way too many cats but he just couldn't bring himself to turn them away. His neighbor's complained, the police came out, he wouldn't answer the door ... I'm not sure what he was trying to acomblish with that attitude. He decided to bring some of the cats into the house. He already had 3 indoor cats and now he has 12 ... in the house. He managed to discourage the others to leave ... I'm not sure how. He still won't talk to the police. They've sent letters with a demand for payment of a fine and every time they send a letter, of course the amount goes up. Who knows how this stand off is going to turn out.
Like I said, I didn't have a bad year. We own our own home, I bought a new car at the beginning of the year and it's already paid off, so we own both of our vehicles. And they are new enough that I shouldn't have to deal with some of the issues that older vehicles deal with. I take both to my dealership to get the maintenance done so I don't really have to worry about them. I've spent enough years stressing over old cars, that this is a real treat. We put money into savings every month, our medical comes from VA and Tricare, which is the military insurance and now that I'm over 65 I don't make a monthly payment. I don't see how things could be any better for us. My husband is disabled, but we are both in pretty good shape ... for old people. lol
All in all, it's time for 2016 to fade away and allow 2017 to take a stab at being a good year.
I'm going to try to do this every once in a while ... just because. But, I'm not promising myself anything.